YAMATO TRANSPORT (M) SDN BHD - PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
Understanding that it is a corporate social responsibility to be compliant with the Personal Data Protection Law in Malaysia, this Personal Data Protection Notice (hereinafter referred to as the “Notice”) is issued to all valued customers/prospective customers of Yamato Transport (M) Sdn Bhd pursuant to the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (hereinafter referred to as the “PDPA”). If there is any conflict between the English and Bahasa Malaysia versions of this notice, the English version shall prevail.
In the course of your dealings with Yamato Transport (M) Sdn Bhd (hereinafter referred to as the “Company” or collectively referred to as “us”, “we” or “our”, as the case may be), we will request that you provide data and information about yourself (“Personal Data”) to enable us to enter into transactions with you or to deliver the necessary notices, services and/or products in connection with our business. These are relevant in connection with our business process, execution, including delivery of notices, services/products, client relationship management, planning purposes in connection with future services/ products, new service/product launches and events including promotional events with our affiliated companies and business partners within our service/product offerings.
Nature of Personal Data
Such Personal Data may be subject to applicable data protection, privacy and other similar laws and may include information that relates to:
- your identity (including your name, NRIC number/passport number);
- your contact information (including your telephone numbers, email and mailing addresses);
- your payment details (such as bank account number and credit or debit card details); and
- any other additional information that you provide when you transact or deal with us or our employees and/or agents or when you visit us.
Acquisition of Personal Data
We will acquire Personal Data only to the extent necessary for our business and in a manner appropriate and lawful.
Purpose of Use
During your course of dealing with us, Personal Data you provide will be collected, used and otherwise processed by us for, amongst others, the following purposes:
- The delivery of notices, services or products and the marketing of such services or products to you;
- In order for you to enter into the necessary agreement and/or contract to purchase the services/products from us;
- Customer relationship management procedures;
- Those purposes specifically provided for in any particular service/product offered by us;
- Conducting marketing and client profiling activities in connection with our services and/or related products;
- Credit assessments and other background checks as we may determine to be necessary or appropriate;
- Our internal record keeping;
- Collection of outstanding payments;
- Prevention of crime (including but not limited to fraud, money-laundering, bribery);
- Meeting any legal or regulatory requirements relating to our provision of services/products and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular, code applicable to us or any of our member companies;
- Purposes relating to any of the above (including but not limited to research, benchmarking, statistical analysis and customer satisfaction survey);
- Enable us to send you information by e-mail, telecommunication means (telephone calls or text messages) or social media about services/products offered by selected third parties that we think may interest you but in doing so we maintain control over your Personal Data and we will not disclose your Personal Data to such third parties without your prior consent; and/or
- Post sales services
We will specify the purpose of use of Personal Data and will not use it beyond the specified purpose (hereinafter, “Purpose of Use”). Furthermore, we will not use Personal Data beyond the purpose limited by related regulations. Please refer here for details.
Optional Personal Data is information you voluntarily provide to us, which we may process during the transaction or to provide you with other services or products. Fields requiring mandatory Personal Data will be indicated for you and if you choose not to furnish any mandatory Personal Data requested, you agree that (notwithstanding any agreement between you and us) we shall be entitled to cease the provision of any services or products to you without incurring any liability whatsoever for any losses which you may suffer as a result of such cessation.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Personal Data provided to us will generally be kept confidential but in order to conduct our business operations more smoothly, you hereby consent and authorize us to provide or disclose your Personal Data to the following categories of parties (including those overseas):
- Any person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under law or in response to a competent or government agency;
- Any of our related companies and subsidiaries including those established in the future;
- Our business partners and online affiliates that provide related services or products in connection with our business;
- Government agencies, statutory authorities and industry regulators;
- Our auditors, consultants, accountants, lawyers or other financial or professional advisers;
- Our sub-contractors or third party service or product providers as may determine to be necessary or appropriate; and/or
- Our appointed service providers in relation to our services/products.
Control of Contractors
When a third party is consigned to deal with the Personal Data (such third party shall hereinafter be referred to as “Contractor”), we shall take such necessary measures to cause the third party to manage the Personal Data properly.
Proper Management of Personal Data
We shall maintain and process your Personal Data in a secure manner and manage in the most up-to-date condition and utmost accuracy. We endeavor, where practicable, to implement the appropriate administrative and security safeguards and procedures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations to prevent the unauthorized or unlawful processing of your Personal Data and the accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, or falsification of, or leakage of your Personal Data. We will also exercise appropriate supervision to our employees handling Personal Data.
Data Transfer & Shared Usage
Where we consider it necessary or appropriate for the purposes of data storage or processing or providing any service/product on our behalf to you, we may transfer your Personal Data to another member within the Yamato Group companies or third party service or product providers within or outside the country in which we are established, under conditions of confidentiality and similar levels of security safeguards. Please refer here for details.
Management of Sensitive Data
The Company will not acquire, use and provide to any third party sensitive data (e.g. political affiliation, religion, participation in labor union, race, ethnic group, family origin, legal address on family registry and medical information) unless authorized by law or necessary to conduct business on condition that the Company has the related customer’s consent.
Your Rights of Access and Correction
You may request access to your Personal Data, and/or correct your Personal Data which is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not current, if necessary. Any such requests in relation to your Personal Data may be directed to the following, and unless provided for otherwise by law, shall be responded promptly by the Company to a reasonable extent:
YAMATO TRANSPORT (M) SDN BHD
No. 16, Block A, Jalan PPU 3,
Taman Perindustrian Puchong Utama,
47100 Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.
Tel No.: 603-8022-6400
Fax No.: 603-8022-6401
Please refer here for details.
In the event that you do not approve of our use of your Personal Data for any other purpose apart from the purpose for which your information was provided to us, you may inform us of this by writing to us and we shall take all reasonable efforts to comply with your request.
By submitting your Personal Data to us, you consent to us collecting, using, disclosing and processing your Personal Data in accordance with this Notice. We will also take it that all Personal Data provided by you is accurate and complete, and that none of it is misleading or out of date. You will promptly update us in the event of any change to your Personal Data. In some circumstances, you may have provided Personal Data relating to other individuals (such as your spouse, family members or other third party including minors). You represent and warrant that you are authorized to provide their Personal Data to us and you have obtained their consent to the collection, use, disclosure and processing of their Personal Data in accordance with this Notice. Please be rest assured that you will be able to terminate your consent at any time by writing to us of your intention.
In view of the developments in information technology and the changes in social requirements, the Company is determined to implement continuous improvements in its management structure and approaches to ensure protection of the Personal Data at all times.
We reserve the right to update and amend this Personal Data Protection Notice from time to time and will notify you of such amendments via announcements on our website or other appropriate means. If we amend this Notice, the amendment will only apply to personal data collected after we have posted the revised Notice.
YAMATO TRANSPORT (M) SDN BHD